Renjuplayers in the world - 23. Frank Arkbo
0.Your name, your nationality, your age, male or female.
- Frank Arkbo, Sweden, 40 years (in november 2000), male
1.When did you start to play renju and how did you learn it? How many years have you played renju?
- I started with free go-moku 1979 and 1981 with renju. Tommy Maltell introduced renju in Sweden at that time.
- I gave up my active playing in 1993, but I when I learnt about PlaySite, I'm playing there a couple of times a week.
2.Do you play in a club? In which clubs have you played?
- I played in the Uppsala renju club until -93
3.Which are your best results in national and international tournaments (Usual tournaments and e-mail tournaments). Which is your international rating for the moment?
- Swedish Champion 1991, international don't remember
- Rating, don't know if I have one anymore, maybe dan-rating (see dan titles of Swedish players)
4.Which is the best player you have met?
- Hasegawa, Kawamura
5.Can you explain why you enjoy renju?
- It is stimulating to solve problems and in renju the solution can be really tricky
6.Which is your plans for the future as a player?
- To play games at PlaySite now and then
8.Have you anything else interesting to tell that you think that I should have asked for?
- I'm working as a programmer, and maybe, one day, I will write a computer program that beats me in renju. Should be no problem as I get worse playing renju all the time.
- In June 2001 I have taken over the responsibilities as Webmaster of RIF site. You can reach me through the official e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Since April 2000 I have published a free-ware version of a renju library tool RenLib http://www.renju.nu/renlib, which I hope renju players all over the world will find useful.
This page was updated 2001-07-02