Renjuplayers in the world - 2. Pavel Salnikov
0. Your name, your nationality, your age, male or female.
Pavel Salnikov, Russia, 35, male.
1. When did you start to play renju and how did you learn it?
I started to play renju in 1983. My school friend chanced to know about a
renju club in Leningrad and he phoned to me remembering that I was good in
"crosses and zeroes" at school.
2. Do you play in a club? In which clubs have you played?
I play in St. Petersburg Renju Club and I haven't played in any other
3. Which are your best results in national and international tournaments
(Usual tournaments and e-mail tournaments). Which is your international
rating for the moment?
My best results are:
- 1st place at the USSR First League in May, 1989;
- 3rd place at the Independence Cup of Latvia in August, 1992;
- 2nd place at the Russian High League tournament in March, 1995.
My international rating at this moment is 2343.
My only result in e-mail tournaments is the 2nd place in a semifinal group
of the last e-mail tournament at PbeM server.
4. Which is the best player you have met?
5. Can you explain why you enjoy renju?
Renju helped me to understand that I can do something important in this
life. And, which is more, renju helps me to get many good friends all
around the world! I can't imagine my life without renju.
6. Which is your plans for the future as a player?
Nothing special. St. Petersburg internal tournaments, Russian
I would be glad if I get a place in Russian team for the coming Team World
Championship in Tallinn.
7. Please, send me an image of you - if possible a jpg- or gif-file.
It is in an attached file, but I think you already have got it.
9. If you are one of the leaders in your club our in your country, please,
answer also these questions:
a. Tell something about your current club. How many players, when do you
train? and so on.
Now there are 15-18 players who usually take part in St. Petersburg
internal tournaments. Every Saturday we meet in the Central Chess Club named after
M. Chigorin which is situated in the center of Petersburg, near Kazansky
Cathedral. Every year we organize two big tournaments: Championship of
Petersburg and the Cup of Petersburg. In our Championship High League
tournament usually consists of 12 players and it is played by Round-Robin
system of one round. The Cup tournament is played by play-off system and
the last Cup-winner usually starts from a quarterfinal stage.
This page was updated 990919